Mews Systems is looking for a Managing Director to join our team in Sydney. Our ideal candidate will have initiative, drive, and enthusiasm about leading the revolution in the hospitality industry through innovative technologies.
- Obtains profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
- Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers
- Communicating values, strategies, and objectives
- Assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develops a strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives. Monitors P&L and sales targets.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results in measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Fluent English, another language is a plus
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Higher Education preferably in Finance/Business/Management
- Knowledge of Property Management Systems and Hotel Operations
- Minimum 5 years of business experience
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced company, ready to work on your own or as part of a team
- Highly structured and organized
- Ability to take feedback, learn quickly and adapt to new situations
- A driver of new ideas and suggestions in order to move the company forward
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Outgoing, social, ready to communicate with employees, customers, and partners across different countries and different organizational levels
- A genuine interest in new technologies that bring innovation in hospitality