Join us NOW and be part of the great hospitality REVOLUTION!
We are looking for someone who can lead the Human Resources team and the growth of Mews. The HR Director will be leading a people & culture strategy that drives employee engagement, improves staff retention and ensures the organisation can grow.
What should you be like?
- Ability to work in a fast-paced company, ready to work on your own or as part of a team
- Highly structured and organized
- Ability to take feedback, learn quickly and adapt to new situations
- A driver of new ideas and suggestions in order to move the company forward
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Outgoing, social, ready to communicate with employees, customers and partners across different countries and different organizational levels
- A genuine interest in new technologies that bring innovation in hospitality
- This role requires flexibility in terms of travel and working hours
What should you have?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources leadership
- Ideally, experience gained within a tech company or hotel environment/travel environment
- Fluent English and preferably another language at proficiency level
- Proven track record of previous experience in senior HR role
- Experience leading projects to successful completion with little oversight
- Ideally you will have proper certifications and a knowledge base to bring to the team
- Previous experience of scale-up management is a plus
- Excellent working knowledge of employment legislation and ability to connect with the right people in new legal environments around the world
- Ability to balance the company’s cultural values, attract top talent, engage and retain current employees and setup and maintain the general operations of the team
What should you be able to do?
- Experience managing a team of 4 (and growing)
- Good knowledge of HR softwares and recruiting tools
- Already know the key elements of recruiting, hiring and company culture
What will you do?
The role will evolve as the company grows, but the main focus will be to:
- Develop and deliver the HR strategy with measurable KPIs and tangible metrics
- Working with the business leads to ensure our approach to people strategies are compliant with employment law and best practice.
- Define, articulate and implement long term and short term people strategy with the COO
- Ensure employee handbook and all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law
- Oversee the Company's employee actions on poor performance, sickness absences, poor attendance, OH referrals, conducting disciplinaries & grievances
- Listening and adjusting to flexible working requests, maternity and paternity processes
- Policy & procedures - maintain a guidelines section for company policies and manuals
- Learning & Development: providing guidance and conducting workshops to up-skill managers' capability in people management and raise awareness of HR risks
- Recruitment and Selection: managing talent and on boarding process, advise hiring managers on recruitment best practice, assist in interviews using company interviewing techniques
- Maintain salary benchmarking data for all roles and offices and advise accordingly
- Attract and keep talent : Maintain and support an environment that recognises and rewards highly talented people
- Taking full ownership of Health and Safety procedures for all Mews offices in the world
- Reinforce the Culture and Values of the Company and act as role model at all times
- Represent the HR team companywide and guide other regional offices
Where will you work from?
The role is based in Prague where our Human Resources team sits. Our team is growing and we may need to support roles in future offices around the world. This will also require a lot of your attention and will sometimes require travel.